Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My Little Baby Growing Up

Wow, it has been a loooong time since I posted anything here. I wanted to use this blog as a journal to capture all those precious memories which fades so fast, but just as I wanted to complete the whole "My First Year" book, open an e-mail address and send notes and messages to my daughter, make hand- and footprints.. I just cannot seem to find the time to sit down and do those things. Being a mother is time consuming and hard work! And for me as a passive person, who is quite lazy and also takes such a long time to get things done I think it might be a bit harder. I had a lot of adjusting to do. So things like blogging, scrap-booking, reading, combing my hair and brushing my teeth everyday are on the back-burner for now!

And in the meantime my little baby is growing up and has now become an independent toddler. I look at her and stand amazed at how she developed and changed. I think my biggest fear was how I will be able to teach my daughter everything she must learn in life. How will I get her to sit, crawl, to stand, to WALK?? To eat, hold a cup, understand language and talk. But it all just comes naturally. One day she was still laying flat on her back and almost before I realised she could sit up all by herself. Then she started moving about and one day she crawled down the passageway. Next she started standing and then I got to see her take her first steps. And then she walked. She is still mastering the art but is moving around pretty fast and dandy. And so with everything else, slowly but surely she gets it right.

Then with each day my heart grows with love for this little person. She is all that I dreamed of and completely perfect for me. I just hope that I can hang on to all the memories and enjoy every moment with her to the fullest. Because time really waits for no one. 

2 comments:

  1. Ah good to hear from you again. And that's a lovely picture. Enjoy all the moments, you are right, they pass so fast.

    ReplyDelete